Discuss advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: To the best Tilers Forum.

Have a look at some of the older threads on starting up as a tiler and check out the courses offered by the sponsors NETT.
Contact the adhesive manufacturers ie. Mapei for their technical books on tiling/adhesives and gather as much information as you can.
To many the building industry is quiet at the moment and this can pass down to the domestic market, but you can be ready for the growth again by getting the knowledge and skills required to start in what is a really enjoyable trade.

Having said all that - I'd bullet point all my assets in the Locksmith game to see if I was maximising my potential and really reaching all those customers first.
In all walks of life the grass is always greener... but experience is the factor which can put bread on the table.

Good Luck.

B

bell-stuart1

Thanks for advice, yes to previous post im advitising everywhere ie web, yellow pages ect, the biggest problem local locksmiths have at the moment is national companys taking over everywhere subcontracting there work so they spending thousands advitising and we cant compete with that sort of money.
I would like it to be word of mouth but how often do you call a locksmith and remember them maybe 12 months down the line.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.