UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dazzla008

hi all,
i have a job on for monday to tile a floor area of 24 m2.
ok the tiles are 600 by 300 for brick effect
ive advised the customer to have 18mm marine ply on the floor as its a timber floor before tiling. ive worked my quote out etc to be very reasonable considering the amount of work to be done,now she emails me saying this is very expensive but i have already said grout and adhesives are supplied (BAL RAPIDSET FLEXI) i dont want to discuss how much ive quoted for obvious reasons but will on private message. can anyone think how i could win this quote but not by undercutting myself as i would like to get this job.
any advice much appreciated.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi dazzla,considering this is saturday isnt it a bit late in the day for her to be changing her mind on using you

have you already given her the price before hand and has she accepted

my advice in the future is take a deposit off every single customer the minute they agree to the job otherwise you will face this kind of issue whenever they feel like it

as to lowering your price its up to you,are they fixing there own 18mm ply?

R

Rich

I couldn't agree with Kilty more. I get this all the time. Emails back asking me to come down on price as I am more expensive then the other quotes but they want me to do the job. My answer is always the same. I will not come down on price as I put a huge amount of effort and care into my work and I have priced for that, that is the price I am willing to do the job for to my standard. Almost every single time they accept there and then.

I think it is just a throw back from people being told to try to knock tradesmen down on price, dont think they mean anything by it to be honest.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
No way should you move on the price. You have entered into a contract with her when she agreed to your price. They are just trying it on when they try to knock you down on price. If she worked for a week and her boss said that he/she was going to pay her £100 less would she accept that. I very much doubt it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.