Discuss Advice wanted in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul

Hi Guys

Just after a bit of advice please if anyone can help we are about to put in a new shower loo and wash basin in our ensuite as its seen better days and is a bit dated we plan to have a power shower installed with the above i wont be doing the work on that but i plan to strip the ply and the old tiles back to the studs and plasterboard it, tank the wet areas then tile straight onto the new boards

There is a slight problem with the shower as its so small and there isnt enough room to shower really -tend you whack your right elbow when showering , to combat this i want the plumber to move the shower to the left a bit for some more space

im just wondering about the correct procedure of doing this work would i estimate the area i want the shower in as i need to cut the board for the shower fixings ? then tile the room then get the plumber in to do his work would this be in the right order ?

Thanks in advance

Paul​

Reply to Advice wanted in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice wanted
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks