Discuss advise please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Just use acrylic wall adhesive and power shower proof grout. Normal grout will get blasted away. Any tile shop will supply you wot u need. Have a word with them.

Ready mixed adhesives are a DIY product in my book. Always use a cement based addy, they are available in slow and fast set so there should be no problem for those who are a little slower than others.
You should also never rely on a tile shop to supply you with wot you may need, we have heard plenty of horror stories on that subject. The majority are fine, others need some product training to say the least.

R

Rich

What is on the walls now? Is it painted? If so the paint will need to be taken off, then the wall must be cleaned up so they are free of dust and primed with a acrylic primer and then use a cement based adhesive to fix the tiles, as has been said above you can get rapid setting, standard setting or even extended setting adhesive, If you are not to confident with tiling I would go with a standard adhesive :thumbsup:

R

Rich

Sorry, the paint should be easy to take off with sand paper, this has to be removed, otherwise you will be relying on the bond between the paint and the wall to keep the tiles fixed. Then you need to make sure that the wall is free from any dust by giving it a wipe down and a brush off. Do you have a Tile Giant near you? Have a look through the link below and find your nearest store, if you go in there and ask for some Primer G. This is what you need to prime the walls with, all the instructions are on the bottle. While you are in there ask for a standard setting cement adhesive to fix your tiles, again the instructions will be on the bag.

Try to follow the instructions to the letter and you shouldnt go to far wrong.

Mapei: Tile Giant Store Finder...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to advise please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
advise please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.