Discuss Angle grinder wheels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

That's not a surprise to be honest, the turbo blade is more designed for natural stone, concrete and ceramics wall tiles. The continuous rim is designed for similar materials or wet use in a bench type saw for some of the more dense man made materials.

Next job you have which is not porcelain give them a run.

We have some blades specifically designed for porcelain in the pipeline and I'll send you one as soon as we have them here.

C

Concrete guy

Is a turbo blade not really suitable for Porcelain Alan? Always bought them as they were dearer so I assumed better on porcelain, but interestingly the Monty DNA isn't 'turbo'. Have an Addax blade on at the minute, and a Tryolit porcelain blade before that. Neither are anything special so will go for the Pro Gres next time I think.

It's not quite as simple as the design of the diamond segment alone.

The diamond content and make up of the metal in the segment itself determine what product the blade is best used on as well as the shape of the segment and the size and shape of the gaps in between etc.

A turbo design is a cross between continuous and segmented and has tended to provide a faster cut (hence it's name), in porcelain though the best finish still seems to be obtained with the hot press, laser cut, continuous rims blades like the blue one I included an image of earlier in this thread.

Fundamentally the material you cut and the finish required still determines the best design of blade for each requirement. It's very difficult indeed to produce an all round blade that will cover most products.

Things like laser welded segments have become selling points, the major upside of laser welding is it's far less likely to throw a segment off if a problem occurs or the blade becomes trapped or you hit an unexpected lump of metal etc. These are far more important in concrete blades than most other types, although we do laser weld our professional granite cutting blades.

S

Spud

the latest blades have a high nickel content in the diamond carrying paste around the blade nickel is more brittle than the conventional brass based pastes conventional diamomond blades are made from which dull over time and need running through a sandstone to liven the diamonds back ,the nickel being brittle microscopically cracks exposing the diamonds ,I was told this by a diamond blade manufacturer , most of the industrial diamond is manufactured in Ireland ,I bought some blades off the guy and have to say they have been really good and were very cheap

E

Eduardo

140.jpg
Beava diamond thin turbo blade. £12.99 with free postage. Very good blade at a quarter of the price
Where can order this blade?

I

Ian

140.jpg
Beava diamond thin turbo blade. £12.99 with free postage. Very good blade at a quarter of the price

Eduardo.how do you know this is a good blade at such a cheap rate if you are asking where to buy it!!
Arewe lost in translation !!,
i do understand this problem

I think Eduardos post got mixed in with the post he quoted Jonny, the original is above.

E

Eduardo

Eduardo.how do you know this is a good blade at such a cheap rate if you are asking where to buy it!!
Arewe lost in translation !!,
i do understand this problem

I use this in the past,for one company based in Leeds,is really good blade,but this company tell me to pay for this 35 pounds.I try to find,but the price is 21 pounds,so if someone sell with 13 pounds,I want buy this,Thanks.

P

Plumbing Tiler

Just to point out for safety sake.. do not buy the Rubi BL porcelain 115mm blades.. i had 2 break on me and could have had a serious accident and ZERO reply from Rubi after i handed the 2 blades back to them to examine...

My local CTD then pulled them from sales but still no response as to why they shattered like they did.. IMO just as usual with this BL range .. cheap chinese rubbish.
I never realised that a metal wheel could break, thought that was only the abrasive types, scary stuff indeed! :yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Angle grinder wheels in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hi I have a 900 x 900 shower enclosure that was showing some dampness through the grout joints...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
J
Hi I am looking for a blade for my angle grinder for cutting ceramic tiles can anyone...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just joined the forum, have visited many times before ,when I needed advice and...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB