Discuss Anhydrite Screed - Builder Nightmare - Which Hygrometer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

McLovin

TF
Kent
I’m not sure why there is a corse of bricks in the floor still. Is it an option to get the whole floor nice and level, then ditra the whole thing and just put your expansion joint in within the 13m length? Unless it has any ufh in this screed ?

I have no idea why the bricks have been left in. It makes no sense to me but who knows how a builders mind works.

My plan dependant on moisture test was fill voids in brick work with flexible turbo adhesive then to level the entire floor with Arditex CL. Once dry Dirta over the the entire area. Add an expansion strip where the bricks curve round and use a silicone joint where there other line of brinks (ones in picture) are. If I am not mistaken Dirta allows a moment of up to 4mm incase there is movement or further shrinkage but a soft joint should help. Lucky an Island sits on a section of brick work.

Sounds too easy?

No UFH.

Last edited:

Reply to Anhydrite Screed - Builder Nightmare - Which Hygrometer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views
Forgive me for I am noob... I have a 9m x 9m floor area that is one space, but half is a new...
Replies
Views
Currently working out a price to tile one of these screeds, last one I did must of been 10 years...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
A
We had Lafarge gyvlon screed laid 4 years ago and are only now in a position to get it tiled. Up...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Kent

Thread Information

Title
Anhydrite Screed - Builder Nightmare - Which Hygrometer
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond