Discuss Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Ah, the heating wasn't switched off.

I done a sweat test on the floor last week & the moisture underneath the polythene was major.

The company that done the screed reckoned the test was done too quick but I don't think they are too sure on how to test the screed as I was telling them what to do & how long the hygrometer should be in place.
They said 24hrs, I remember Alan stating that it should be minimum 48hrs maximum 72hrs.

I didn't realise that the heating must be off 1st.

I have a hygrometer sitting with a company in Glasgow but I'm that busy I can't get there to pick it up.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
It's getting forced dried just now Dave.
The heating has been on for just over 2 weeks.
I told them I didn't think you could do anything else to aid drying but I would ask the question.
It's not been sanded yet, I told them to sand it after 2 weeks but its still not been done.
We will see what they want to do..

Aaaaarghhh!! Should always be sanded before the heating goes on. The heating will "bake" the Laitance on and it might be really hard to sand.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
How many floors get sanded before the heating goes on , none i have done lol lol ,, always heated before i even get told it is too tile.. but 60 grit floor sander puts pay to them :)

Another "what actually happens versus what should happen" scenario :)

P

Peter

Not done one yet but feel confident about how to handle them. None of my house builders push them on new builds (or perhaps know what they are) but there will come a time when they're getting retiled.

Know of a few tilers locally who have got into bother from assuming they're just like a sand cement screed and getting on the job, striking a line, mixing a bucket and sticking tiles down. Aware of one court case at present.

Reply to Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Most tutorials suggest 'pushing firmly'. How do you know how firmly, and how can you ensure that...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB