Discuss Another bad floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Customer hadn't used the ensuite in their extension for nearly a year as it had always leaked from the very beginning and was damaging the ceiling downstairs. They had the builders/plumber back loads of times and they would wedge chocks of wood under the tray (was a riser kit) and resilicone but the problem always came back so they gave up and got me in to rip the lot out and start again.
After stripping everything out I did the bounce test on the floor and thought I was gonna go through it. Was honestly like a trampoline. Took the whole floor up and the joists were a joke.
Spent a day and a half and £150 worth of timber strengthening it. Wish I'd gotten a pic under where the old tray was - just 18mm ply slightly resting on loose joists round the perimeter and nothing else.

20161003_132314.jpg

All came good in the end though and the customer managed to have a low level tray and it's all rock solid.

20161018_173713.jpg

20161104_113157.jpg

Worse thing is, apart from the dodgy floor and the old tiles being stuck onto lining paper in half the room, this was all done by a really reputable building company that I have only ever heard good things about.
So even when a customer is careful they can still end up with cowboys.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another bad floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Does anybody else have the issue of joints being opened up when using a tile levelling system...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB