Discuss Another failure..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

First part of a major re-do due to bad workmanship. Sub floor on first part is 22mm marine ply fixed directly to joist, using stailess steel screws. The joists are fixed directly to the concrete sub-floor using stainless steel bolts and is rock solid.
The tiler used ball adhesive, but only used a 5mm square trowel and no back filling of tiles either. It took me 15 minutes to strip this floor and put in the skip. The top floor and the pool surround are getting ripped out next........
IMG_1041.jpg IMG_1032.jpg IMG_1037_1.jpg IMG_1029.jpg IMG_1033.jpg IMG_1046.jpg IMG_1030.jpg IMG_1034.jpg IMG_1049.jpg IMG_1047.jpg IMG_1028.jpg IMG_1035.jpg IMG_1042.jpg

........and it's only been down for 10 months!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stewart

Are you just going up to the grill around the pool Stewart

Just up to the grill for now, with an option to redo pool if I want to next year.

On top of this, I'm re-doing their 4 bathrooms, 50 metre lounge and a 100 metre kitchen, diner and family room to boot.

All were done by a major luxury tile supplier that we've all used. The standard of work that's been left, is shocking, and I will post picks as I rip-out.

Reply to Another failure..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
D
you top tiler's as to how to fix large format por's, to a stainless-steel floor that will...
2 3
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
N
Hi I recently tiled a bathroom which was boarded out on the stud walls with 12mm wbp(origin...
Replies
Views
PHG Dave
P
D
This pool in north London the builders have concreted right up to the back edge of the pool...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Another failure.....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.