Discuss Another former question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

got a wetroom to start on monday and the former is flush with the new chipboard floor. Got 6mm insulation boards and ufh +slc to go on top of chipboard that will leave me something like a 12mm step down into the former before I even start to tile. Obviously I'd like the former flush with the top of the slc,but only way I can see to do that is to take 12mm off the bottom of the wall boards that are sat on top of the former, take the former out and relay it on top of a 12mm ply sheet. Either that way or envelope cut 10mm boards over the former....suggestions please ;)

O

Old Mod

got a wetroom to start on monday and the former is flush with the new chipboard floor. Got 6mm insulation boards and ufh +slc to go on top of chipboard that will leave me something like a 12mm step down into the former before I even start to tile. Obviously I'd like the former flush with the top of the slc,but only way I can see to do that is to take 12mm off the bottom of the wall boards that are sat on top of the former, take the former out and relay it on top of a 12mm ply sheet. Either that way or envelope cut 10mm boards over the former....suggestions please ;)

I've done exactly that Doug boarded over shower trays.
I was asked to lay mosaic to Marmox Showerlay Trays, but as they are not suitable I had to find a way around it.
I used 6 mm Hardiebacker stuck it to the shower trays, screwed through the boards the shower tray and into the joists, filling the screw holes with silicone first.
Then tanked and tiled as normal.
I did three shower trays in the same house 18 months ago and spoke to them on Saturday and everything is still fine.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
If the option to lift is there , then that's the better way to proceed imho.

It depends on the drain outlet pipe but I would have thought there should be at least 12mm play on it .

Personally I wouldn't overboard a tray but I have skimmed in with adhesive but not 12mm's worth lol.

If the tray was mosaics then a slight extra scoop at the edges isn't a major problem but if its enveloped , then its trickier as you know .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another former question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
Hello I'm a DIYer so apologies if I get the terminology wrong etc I've started work remodeling...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB