Discuss Another 'Oh no not again' in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Just been to silicon round bathroom floor and fit door threshold bar at a customers today. They'd asked me if I could tile the downstairs loo in their new house but have been too busy to do it. Rather than wait they got a guy in who does quite a bit of odd-jobbing for them.

You have to bear in mind that this was a new floor and they have just had an oak parquet floor fitted in the hall. The toilet is off the hallway. The floor company have manually fixed 6mm ply and then glued the parquet floor directly on the ply giving a height difference of 28mm.

I opened the door to find 6mm ply glued with PVA to floor, no screws, another 9mm sheet of ply, so I'm guessing this was going to sit on top, and then the tile. Note the tray, this had watered down PVA in so I'm guessing again that that's his primer/sealer

He wasn't there today but this is what I found.

toilet1.jpg toilet2.jpg

Should I just wait for the phone call?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another 'Oh no not again' in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB