Discuss Another Scam - Email - If you have a domain name, read this in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I keep getting emailed about a domain name that's coming up for sale soon. I have chatcamping.net, and this one is chatcamping.com.

I was interested until I got the same email a bunch of times over a week, but when I scanned the link (I never click them in emails if I don't know what they're really going to) in each email, it was a different company that I had to sign up with, register my credit card, and submit my best offer.

Not too sure how they're doing this. Whether they buy the domain and then sit on it until it's ready and they begin pestering you. Or if it's something else and perhaps they don't even own the domain name and are just hoping I give them my credit card details.

But if you get an email like this - ignore it. Use trusted domain name companies such as ukreg.com or 123reg.co.uk. And never anybody else. Sedo.com is the only legit domain company that deals with bidding on taken domains - at least that I know of.

So keep your eyes peeled if you have a domain name you could get this type of email.

Reply to Another Scam - Email - If you have a domain name, read this in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
P
I have spent my evenings in the last week sorting out my new VPS.....proberbly means nothing to...
Replies
Views
Protilers
P
The TilersForums Arms is the business advice area of the forum that is out of the view of the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Another Scam - Email - If you have a domain name, read this
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.