Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Any barristers out there? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Got knocked off my motorbike 3 1/2 years ago, smashed my shoulder up and needed an operation. Long, long story short I today have had an email from my solicitor advising me of a part 36 offer and that I have 21 days to accept it if I so wish.

It's a decent offer and although my solicitor can't tell me to take it or not he does hint that if it were to go to court and I get awarded the same or less by the judge then it will be up to me to pay for court costs but I have legal expenses cover and they know that.

So is the 'never accept the first offer' a prudent thing to do or has anyone here done that and regretted it?

E

enduro

Got knocked off my motorbike 3 1/2 years ago, smashed my shoulder up and needed an operation. Long, long story short I today have had an email from my solicitor advising me of a part 36 offer and that I have 21 days to accept it if I so wish.

It's a decent offer and although my solicitor can't tell me to take it or not he does hint that if it were to go to court and I get awarded the same or less by the judge then it will be up to me to pay for court costs but I have legal expenses cover and they know that.

So is the 'never accept the first offer' a prudent thing to do or has anyone here done that and regretted it?
If your happy with the offer then take it. :thumbsup:

M

Mike

:
it's like the rest of life, one big gamble and do you feel lucky? could go either way and every case is different. you could get greedy and go to court to get more money and the judge may decide it was a good offer, then you would have to pay all costs! be careful what you do in the mean time in case you have claimed for 'permanent' disability as someone may be watching you! i heard of a motor cyclist who was waiting for his agreed £600,000 payout to come through and he got seen putting up a garden shed then his payout was knocked down to £100,000. good luck with what you decide and btw i could do with a sub lol:lol:

S

suave

hi matey,i had a accident goin on 15yrs ago (knee injury at work) first offer was summit like 2k this was early early days of the claim,at the time the claim had to be settled within 5yrs, a kept it goin and refusing the offers,into the final year i got a substantial offer which i accepted on the understanding my solicitors fees would be paid as well,the company agreed, a walked with 27.500k happy days hope you get what your due.ad hold out for a wee bit longer,but if your happy take it.hope this helps

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Well it wasn't just the physical injuries, happened smack bang in the middle of my training course and wrecked all my plans. I'd just quit my job so couldn't claim loss of earnings and had to wait months to finish training and start earning. This left me depressed and ultimately caused me and my missus to split, still on anti-depressants now. Was a nasty episode in my life but things are finally sorted.

I've asked my solicitor to get advice from a barrister so hopefully will get a better idea.
Although I was impressed with the offer, all this happened a long time ago. When I sit here now and think of what I went through I would hate to not get what I should.

Reply to Any barristers out there? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

macten

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Nottingham

Thread Information

Title
Any barristers out there?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.