Discuss Any gardeners on here right now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

We've got a climbing rose by our front door, that was tied into a frame, and it's collapsed, yesterday I reckon, so it's draping itself more or less across the front door!

It's gone a bit straggley anyhow, and just looking at it am wondering, is it ok to prune it now? Quite low, so it can start again, I won't loose too many roses, it's more branches and leaves and dead wood this year after a dense pink glory last year! Standing ready with secateurs, can I go ahead?

B

Brassjewels

Hi- amateur garener here !You can prune now, but very much doubt you would have a full show of flowers - especially if they are already covered in buds ready to burst. As a temp measure - can you untangle and prune to say around 5' in height ? Prune back to were you can see nodes/new growth / buds showing & tie the stems in an orderely fashion onto a trellis. When the season is over you could do a drastic prune and cut back low if necessary.

U

user123

Brassjewels - Hi and thanks :) I've been pretty brutal already, but only after watching a couple of you tube how-to-prune-roses movies and followed that guide, pretty much to what you said above but what was once around 7ft high has not been reduced and thinned out to sections of 3 - 5 ft, so it's looking very chopped and pretty sparse. Vase full of bedraggled looking roses, I'll call it rustic :) I pruned nicely to just above the little nodes or buds that face in the direction I want things to grow, quite proud of myself there, :lol: So, just a bit more to do and then tidy up, that was a nice fresh air studio break :thumbsup:

U

user123

Plants have feelings... Murderer..:lol:

Haha, you didn't think I could do it, could you. I did say sorry :) Chop. Sorry. Chop. Sorry. Chop. It's for your own good. Chop. You'll have loads of pretty flowers again - big chop. Domino thinks it's a new game and chasing the branches being blown about in the wind.. and he's been locked into the living room 2 nights running, I'm getting ruthless!!!

U

user123

Nowt like a neatly trimmed bush lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was counting down to ten earlier, expecting you to come out with that little chestnut... you're late!
fryingpan.gif

Reply to Any gardeners on here right now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
F
I've been a Rubi user for 9 years, but have found in recent months, even my TX 900 N is not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Any gardeners on here right now?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.