Discuss Any tilers in Manchester want a free pair of hands? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think we all chip in and rent a small hall in the NEC one day, setup a bathroom, couple of kitchens, a conservatory etc in the middle, have seating all around and all watch Phil tile for a whole day :lol:

We'll have lots of "silent" posters everywhere like a library and free pen and paper in bags when you walk in like you get at most of the shows at NEC.

What d'ya rate? Perhaps even a bar at the end of the day opens.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mikey (& others!),

Just to update you on things.

I've had to do the job I had in mind, because there is a viewing at the flat this week and my mum has been cracking the whip to get it done. I was hoping to hold it off until this Saturday, so I'm sorry you have missed out on that. I thought this would have been good for you, as it was a small job, and you could have got involved in many different aspects such as setting out/mixing addy/wet-cutting/roto-zip holes for rad pipework/laying tiles etc.

I do work most Saturdays, so I'm sure there will be another chance in a few weeks time. I'm working in Leeds next week, so doubt you would want to travel up there!

Next job I have lined up round here is a diamond/chessboard hallway with a border, running through to a 2nd room with WC/Basin.

The customer has started it himself and looks like he has got out of his depth. Done all the prep wrong with SLC covering loose-wire UFH on loose floorboards!, UFH already used with no tiles down (cracks in SLC everywhere), started tiling in WC room with a full tile - no proper setting out, so god knows what the tiles will end up like at the front door/entrance. The job was started about 18 months ago, so I think the S2 pre-mixed tubbed addy he bought from TOPPS is past it's use by date too.

I have written to them and told them of my concerns and why I would not guarantee the work, if they just want me to finish it as it is. I have also offered to rip it all up and start again with an de-coupling membrane. I'm just waiting to see which way they decide to go. I really hope it's the latter!!!

Reply to Any tilers in Manchester want a free pair of hands? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, just wondering if any tilers in the Manchester area are looking for anybody to take on...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there anyone out there looking for some free labour in the Oxfordshire area anytime...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Any tilers in Manchester want a free pair of hands?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.