Discuss Anybody still use the Dewalt 24000 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dash J

Plasplug electric wet saw. Right, that's me not logging in for a month after the slating I'm going to get now lol. Just couldnt afford a better model at the time. Saving for a new or 2nd hand one thou. Any recommendations?
I still use a wee plasplugs mate and it is the ********,it flies through everything you throw at it,that said I have 4 or 5 electric cutters to choose from so not using it every day,I'm on eBay at the minute and reconditioned d2400 are going for £544,think I'm going to take a punt,is there anything I should be mindful of buying reconditioned?
Cheers boys

H

Handyeire

Plasplug electric wet saw. Right, that's me not logging in for a month after the slating I'm going to get now lol. Just couldnt afford a better model at the time. Saving for a new or 2nd hand one thou. Any recommendations?
I still use a wee plasplugs mate and it is the ********,it flies through everything you throw at it,that said I have 4 or 5 electric cutters to choose from so not using it every day,I'm on eBay at the minute and reconditioned d2400 are going for £544,think I'm going to take a punt,is there anything I should be mindful of buying reconditioned?
Cheers boys

It does the job thou could do with a better version TBH. Is yours the small plasplug or the bigger version. I'm sure there'd be a few on here that would also have it but keeping shy in case they get slated

D

Dash J

Think I have the bigger version mate,think it was bout £75,I got it for kitchens,but there is a fair bit of power in the wee thing,if you are looking to spend £100 ish the vitrex table saw is worth a shout I have had one of those and it was a good saw,stay away from norton clipper,I have one and it is pants,the beauty of the plasplugs is the small wheel,doesn't jam,I feel the bigger blades wobble and jam a helluva lot

Cheers. Marc

H

Handyeire

Think I have the bigger version mate,think it was bout £75,I got it for kitchens,but there is a fair bit of power in the wee thing,if you are looking to spend £100 ish the vitrex table saw is worth a shout I have had one of those and it was a good saw,stay away from norton clipper,I have one and it is pants,the beauty of the plasplugs is the small wheel,doesn't jam,I feel the bigger blades wobble and jam a helluva lot

Cheers. Marc

Was thinking of getting the vitrex just to add to the tool kit. Does anyone else rate this tile saw for money spent?

P.s, I see your in glasow DJ, are ya Ibrox or park head? ;)

Q

Qwerty

I use mine for every porcelain & stone job. Just received my half bullnose wheel for my Dewalt (along with a load of other bits!) for a load of trav skirting & window sills I'm doing next week. Looking forward to using it. Thanks as always to @ATSDiamondTools :)

image.jpeg

I

Ian

I use mine for every porcelain & stone job. Just received my half bullnose wheel for my Dewalt (along with a load of other bits!) for a load of trav skirting & window sills I'm doing next week. Looking forward to using it. Thanks as always to @ATSDiamondTools :)

View attachment 77485
Let us know how that dewalt wheel performs please Geoff, I've put off getting one for ages as I was a little unsure how good it would be. I know @GaryTheTiler has trialled it but, I can't remember if he said it was good or not! :)

C

Concrete guy

View attachment 77485

If you're using those dry polishing pads on Travertine Geoff, bed them in on something dense first like a granite off cut.

Trav is pretty soft and more suited to Silicon Carbide discs than dry diamond pads.

The diamonds will work and last ages, but you'll need to "dress" them first otherwise all you'll end up with is brown smears on the trav which is resin transfer from the pad on first use.

C

Concrete guy

Let us know how that dewalt wheel performs please Geoff, I've put off getting one for ages as I was a little unsure how good it would be. I know @GaryTheTiler has trialled it but, I can't remember if he said it was good or not! :)

Bri these wheels are good if you have a lot of skirting tiles to profile, but it's only worth the set up on the Dewalt if you are running quite a few through in one go. Plus it's limited to profiling a straight line only.

For tiling that's probably the most common job so it's ideal.

If you do a lot of stonework which involves shapes and curves or profiling in situ then one of the M14 profilers that fits a hand held polishing machine would probably prove to be a lot more versatile. As a result we sell a lot of these M14 profilers to landscapers.

When it comes to polishing, Silicon Carbide discs are the way to go for the average tiler, again because they are so versatile as they will work on a large variety of products.

The advantage of diamonds really kicks in when it comes to volume and economy.

Reply to Anybody still use the Dewalt 24000 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB