UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anyone for tennis elbow? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
I know tiling is supposed to be sore on the knees, funny enough I never had a bother

But recently my arms have been really sore, it started with me noticing I had restricted movement in my shoulders, If I needed to scratch my back, I have to put one arm over my shoulder, and then push my elbow with my other hand to reach where I could reach unaided before.
Then my elbows started to get sore, and I noticed my grip was weaker.
It got unbearable one Sunday when I could hardly lift the milk out of the fridge and I had to give in and go to the doctor. He diagnosed tennis elbow and sent me to physio
I now have my elbow strapped up (really restrictive) and I have an exercise plan that I have to do every evening for the next 12 weeks.:yikes:

It has been put down to the repetitive nature of my work.

Anybody else have any arm problems???

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Had tennis elbowin both arms......not pleasant. Got mine from plastering. Also had rotator cuff issue in left shoulder and arthritic decompression in my right shoulder which was good fun. Now got similar symptoms in my left shoulder so will probably have to have that operated on shortly. Also got issue with my thoracic spine which doesnt move properly. Not much fun which is why for the last 16 years i no longer get on my hands and knees to lay screed except for small jobs at home.

I can talk ailments for ages.

Also got ulcerative collitis, bursitis in both knees, my fingers hurt and i got a cold coming on.....

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
oh, and i'll send me wife over to scratch your back..... 2_2.jpg

U

user123

Had tennis elbowin both arms......not pleasant. Got mine from plastering. Also had rotator cuff issue in left shoulder and arthritic decompression in my right shoulder which was good fun. Now got similar symptoms in my left shoulder so will probably have to have that operated on shortly. Also got issue with my thoracic spine which doesnt move properly. Not much fun which is why for the last 16 years i no longer get on my hands and knees to lay screed except for small jobs at home.

I can talk ailments for ages.

Also got ulcerative collitis, bursitis in both knees, my fingers hurt and i got a cold coming on.....

Yeh, but you can sing!! :) :) :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone for tennis elbow? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi All, First time poster in need of assistance. Its been a while since ive tiled anything...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
F
Hello everyone. I am over here in the USA, but noticed, when googling for info on Mapei grouts...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.