• Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss anyone got a touring caravan? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

And me, hated caravans for years. In fact i still do! They will jsut serve a purpose for cheaoer holidays for the family. I can buy a nice caravan for half the cost of a family holiday to Florida Disney.

Scott, I don't get the market here.....the country is flooded with RV's and still they are damned expensive. I would likely buy a tow-behind for us to use but the cost for a used one is still too much for us at the moment.

S

Scott

They are very expensive, even the old one i bought was worth a bundle. That was a '77 Chevy G35 with a Midas body, 6 berth and 24' long. Small in comparison to some of the monsters around now but felt massive when deriving through tiny streets in Europe! Was worth about £6,000 and that was ten years ago. The fuel cost was one of the main reasons i let her go, a V8 just doenst work in the UK far too expensive to run especially a 454ci

R

Rob Z

Scott a 454 is a gas-sucking pig.:mad2: That Southwind that my grandfather had for years had a 454 in it. I drove that thing from Kansas to Virginia once, yikes what a gas bill!:yikes:

The '77 you describe, in good condition, I think would definately still be more than $9000 (6000GBP). A late model version of the size of RV that you had would be $75,000 and up!

One thing that kills us here in Virginia is the personal property tax. My county levies a 4.2% tax on vehicles, so if I bought a $50,000 RV I would be paying almost $200 a month just in property tax and registration fees. Insurance would likely be another $100, and I would have to pay to store it somewhere because all the home owner associations forbid RV's, boats, trailers, etc in the neighborhood. It would be ~$100 to $150 a month for parking and storage.

So it would be $400 a month before we ever started it to go somewhere (and I couldn't make payments on that thing anyway!)

My electrician has a pop-up trailer, which is a lot less than a lot of other options. He's thinking about upgrading and getting a bigger trailer.

Reply to anyone got a touring caravan? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to source some specific tiles from Marazzi, but it seems most UK dealers are just...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
anyone got a touring caravan?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.