• Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss anyone got a touring caravan? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

My other half is in education so she is off too. I have mates who go to spin every summer for 6 weeks, met them 11 years ago and every year he moans im not going. Decide to buy a caravan and end up making this year the oneto tie the knot.

As for touring europe, i did do it in 2000 for a few months and that was in an American RV, has the drawback of needing to pack up everytime you want to go out and then you cant get parked. With a caravan its there and off you go. you cant free camp so easily in a caravan though.

S

Scott

The service areas are good although some of the toilets are still the Turkish knee wobbler type! They are far more geared up for touring than we are as they are a trunk route south and east for us and all of northern europe. Italy is good too though, they have some free camp sites (Aree di Sosta) you can stay for 36 hours. Nothing special but safer than the side of the road.

There is a list of the Airs in france here: i-Camping car - Le site d'informations sur les aires de services pour camping cars.

And this blokes site if pretty useful too: Europe | Campervan Life

Nice 'van Doug. I had one for years and spent many a great time touring all over the UK when the kids were little. At the time it was only me and the kids so I had to learn to reverse it spot on very quickly as they were only 3 & 5yrs old so they wasn't much use when it came to manually moving it around :)

My mum is actually selling hers if anyone is interested I could pass on the details etc

Reply to anyone got a touring caravan? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to source some specific tiles from Marazzi, but it seems most UK dealers are just...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
anyone got a touring caravan?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.