Discuss Anyone had trouble with these? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Did a floor a few months back. 1970's house with t&g floorboard. No deflection. Floor only 3square meters.
floor covered with no more ply. And used nicoflex adhesive with superflex grout. ( 3mm joints)

the floor has cracked about the width of the room on where I know there is a joint in the no more ply.
going to take it up and re lay.
has anyone had any trouble or used these in the past?

On the box the only info I have is.monterroy solo cemento. 333mm square.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 80
L

Lee garnham

Personally I always ply. I recomend 18mm even for over boarding I will only use a minimum of 12mm if I cant get away with 18 ie door thresholds etc. What ever you are tiling into needs to be made as solid as you can possibly make it. Try and turn what ever your working on into one big solid lump. Ill check all floor boards are solid gripfill any joint I dont like the look of and glue and screw ply to the deck screwed at approx 150mm centres.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone had trouble with these? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Bit of an intro - I'm a competent DIYer and have been refurbing the bathroom on and off for the...
Replies
Views
L
S
Hi All, I’ve just had 2 rooms tiled with oak effect ceramics and I feel a little disappointed...
Replies
Views
Hi all Got a shower to do with these tiles. They are 450 x 440 porcelain, split into 4 by a 1mm...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB