Discuss Application of SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Well, I finally got around to sorting out the floor today.

But not before I went shopping. Firstly to Tesco and then Trago Mills (Liskeard)

I was on the look out for some kind of long armed spreader.

These are what I ended up with.

cornish_crofter-albums-application-slc-picture23712-042.jpg

On the left is a £1.50 squeegy bought from Tesco and then taped and screwed to a cheap broom handle I had.

On the right is some sort of floor scrubber/squeegy from Trago Mills costing me £5.25. It actually came from their equestrian department.

The Tesco tool was better at getting into the corners etc, whereas the Trago one was very good at spreading, via the bristle section, then I simply turned it over to give me a smoothing edge.

Again, here is the trago tool in a better shot so you can see the type of item that it is.

cornish_crofter-albums-application-slc-picture23713-043.jpg

C

cornish_crofter

The squeegies from Tesco are probably the easiest to get. £1.50 in the homeware section.

As for the other item - any equestrian store may have them.

The SLC has been a pain TBH. It's down now and I think I've managed to get it to level within a mm or two. But I didn't want to go any higher than the high spots so I've had to level up to them. This means that the SLC tapers to a thickness of less than 1mm. IIRC it's designed for a minimum depth of around 3mm

Anyway, I don't think it's anything that a bit of rapid set can't sort out. I know it's pretty level on the whole as I can just see all my screws.

Reply to Application of SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, after a short time off the tools my first job back and im having a head scratching...
Replies
Views
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
R
Afternoon all and a Very Happy Xmas! I'ts been a while since my last posts but I have been...
Replies
Views
diamondtiling
D
D
Expert advice for professional installers on drilling porcelain tiles. By Richard Hazell of 365...
Replies
Views
jamesy07
J
D
The following is an article written by an eminent stone professional in the USA - please read it...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Application of SLC
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks