Discuss Armed Forces Day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Happy anniversary tomorrow G.

There's a lot of events round the country for Armed Forces Day

About Armed Forces Day

To be honest, Sandy, it's not really our scence, and 20 000 visitors :yikes: are expected, I just posted it for those who love that sort of thing. I asked Howard if he didn't want to go and show off his numerous medals, but he just thought that was funny :lol: We'd rather support the boy in our neighbourhood who joined up personally, he always appreciates some cash and a listening ear etc... :)

U

user123

After a great breakfast in our favourite cafe decided to avoid the hussle and bussle of today's town events and enjoy home and garden instead, but the Blades air acrobatic display just happened, easy for us to see from where we are, and my goodness, they were impressive, 4 planes, moving like a flock in unison, drawing shapes together, disappearing behind clouds only to let themselves tumble and rotate toward the ground to pick themselves up again in the nick of time, incredible skill, timing, stomachs! A long display, too, nobody will be able to quibble about that one.

What stunned me thought that as we stood on the clifftops behind our house watching it in awe there were so many people, with children passing, showing not the slightest bit of interest!! What's wrong with people? That was some show! One woman walked passed, totally intend watching her old dog in the grass, she needed to lift her nose about an inch to see what's going on, I say to her (thinking maybe she has poor eyesight or something) can you see the planes, and she says, no, didn't see them but I can hear them, they fly over here quite a lot (jets do, true, but... ) so H said, but the display is stunning! and she says, oh, they're doing a display? Arrrghh!!! goes to show, same universe, different experience. The display continued, she saw us look up, looked up at the people standing at the open flat windows, (so I thought, she CAN look up, she doesn't have a crook neck or anything) and still she never say any of this free and amazing show, just heard the racket. Amazing....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Armed Forces Day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
Armed Forces Day is Saturday 26 June 2010. The day is an annual opportunity for the nation to...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
U
Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Armed Forces Day
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.