Guest viewing is limited

Discuss average earnings .thanks for the responces so far in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Just bare in mind that alot of people have recently been on this site asking if they should throw in the towel because their not earning enough money to pay the bills.
I can gaurantee that for every 2 people that come out of their course and are succesful there is another 8 that can't make it work,its all up to the individual and the amount of competition in their area.
Good luck in whatever you decide:thumbsup:

I agree. I did the 4 weeker at PTS last Sept/Oct. 8 finished the course, at most 4 will be tiling in a years time (hope im one of them). The other 4 probably got made redundant from their jobs for a reason!
25K in a office job. Take it every time for the security but im gambling it for the chance of doing what i want when i want and tiling peoples houses nice.

T

tiler tom

Davy G has a good point I have been tiling a couple of years now but have had the security of full time employment as well. Recentley the opportunity arose for me to go on a 3 day week. I decided to use the extra time to try and drum up more work on the tiling side so I would be better equiped in the decision to go full time or not. In the last couple of weeks I have only received 5 quotes to do.
1) Gave a fair quote on a kitchen floor and as the bathroom floor needed doing threw it in on a 20 per metre basis rather than a 120 day rate. Heard nothing
2) Quoted for a bathroom walls and floors went in above my usual price as I could see there would be problems due to the shoddy plastering. Heard nothing.
3) Quoted for a partiled bathroom and floor fair price at 20 a metre. Woman was open about the fact she was getting a few quotes. Heard nothing.
4) Guy rang wanting one kitchen wall tiling, turned up at the agreed time father answered the door to say he had gone out. Tiling was not at that address sat down and waited after 10 mins got up to leave and asked them not to bother ringing again as they wasted my time.
5) Kitchen part tiled quoted less my usual rate. Snapped my hand off. Could of quoted usual rate but didn't know that at the time.
It has become obvious that there would not have been sufficient income to earn a living. If I was unemployed there would be nothing to lose and go into it fully.
If I was earning 25k I would stay where I was. :thumbsup:

Reply to average earnings .thanks for the responces so far in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi Folks, I've just been to look at a couple of bathrooms and a cloakroom that need tiling. I'm...
Replies
Views
M
G
I got made redundant Sept last year. I'd never claimed so much as a bean in my life but I'd...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I am thin king about changing career and becoming a tiler and was wanting to get some...
Replies
Views
giubs
G
T
Hello all, I am new here, first post, so go easy. Ever since I was small, people, primary...
Replies
Views
brian c
B
W
Yes my little ginger head has nearly exploded today. Firstly i was having problems with the...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
average earnings .thanks for the responces so far
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.