UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss B&Q tiles scratch grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Turkish tiler

I have never seen poor glazing in tiles like this before

I have laid these tiles yesterday afternoon and grouted today normal process as always put grout on genesis float mapei black grout ultraplus (120) cleaned last wipe had a coffee come back all tiles are scratch call costumer over showed end done test another two new tiles out box put some grout on it with float wipe tiles tiles got scratched.

Gone to B&Q talked manageress she did not believe me fist when I showed photos and show them tools and mapei grout she back down and took scratched tiles and said they will send it back to manufacturer (Johnson) of tiles and get back to me.

Gone back told costumer what happened then costumer called B&Q costumer service explained what happened now B&Q will send case manager down I don't know when. costumer offered to pay me money I did not take it until problem resolve and send them another quote to give it to B&Q for re do job.(costumer bought tiles from B&Q)
I will give an update. costumer will let me before case manager arrives let see what will happen :incazzato:

Anyone come a cross this before
moe

WP_000390.jpg WP_000391.jpg WP_000392.jpg WP_000394.jpg WP_000397.jpg WP_000398.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turkish tiler

Re: B&Q tiles scracth from grout

johnsons inport a 1000 containers from china a year and other countrys to i am not saying chinese tiles are rubbbish but you get what you pay for any where in the world
and they pay the minnium been cutting cost for years
i am with you on that ray
on this occasion costumer bought the tiles, not because it is cheap it has got same shade black with furniture in cloak room.
when costumer seen it said buy cheap buy twice

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turkish tiler

Re: B&Q tiles scracth from grout

I grouted the tiles with mapei FF color code 114,. I think it is dark grey alot finer then mapei ultra plus .Tiles have scratched again. I have tested with wet household use scotch brite,the one with green pad behind sponge ,I rubbed on tiles ten times, I can see slight scratches.
B&Q offered customer £30 refund and still saying wrong type grout has been used. on box there is not any explanation about what grout to use at all.
I have no idea where this is going now.:mad2:
any suggestions ??????
WP_000460.jpg WP_000459.jpg WP_000458.jpg WP_000457.jpg WP_000456.jpg

B

Burslems finest

I had the very same problem about 1 year ago. The tiles were bowed, there were three different size tiles in the batch , some were 597, some were 600, and some were 610!! The tiles scratched when grouted. All of it came from B&Q. I didn't get paid, (A weeks work 50m2) . B&Q said it was my fault i used the grout that they had supplied!! And they said i should've checked that they were all the same batch .
I did!
They were ! (at least according to the boxes)
I saved some leftover tiles to show them.
They pretty much told me to fornicate off and sue them!!
I can feel the anger bubbling again now.
Truly the worst company in the world.

Reply to B&Q tiles scratch grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Looking for some old b&q tiles
Hi! Has anyone got any of these stone effect tiles approx 278x362mm that b&q sold about seven...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.