UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss bad customers advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dazzling Tiling

ive currently finished a job where the customer did nothing i asked
from having washing machines tumble driers sofas sideboards placed on my work only hours after its been carried out,
to add insult to injury the customer insisted in having 2 kitchen fitters a painter and a spark working at the same time as me and stramping all over my floor.
Now the customer is complaining that my work is not up to her standard,
now im out of pocket

any advice

D

Dazzling Tiling

thanks Pete i pointed this out many times to the customer, but they continued to do so, 55m2 of white porcielin 600mmx600mm it appears to me that there were out to con.
I was asked to do the job due to the house being damaged due to a heating boiler catching fire and its an insurance job,I
was told if anyone from the insurance company came i had to say i was subcontracted from another company, and that the customer is saying that the insurance company is not paying out
I understand that in this financial down turn everyone is trying to save a quid or two,
but now im thinking of giving up being self employed,

D

Dazzling Tiling

I could Pete, but why should i, and to add insult to injury ive seen on my facebook page that the customer is sitting enjoying a wine in there lovely newly finished house, now if i was unhappy with work carried out im my property i wouldnt be saying this on a social network i would be leaving public messages to the tradesman but not a peep
there must be something out there that can protect us from con artists

D

dave l and l

i has a problem with an insurance job a few years ago, never even managed to get tiling just ripped a wall down, the customer used my quote to use for the insurance company then employed someone for cheaper, once i got wind of this i phoned and phoned but to no avail. finally a nicely worded letter mentioning insurance fraud and me turning up at her place of work got me some attention. i offered a settlement that she agreed and that was that,
i would go back and sort bad tile then threaten them with legal action if they still refuse to pay,
ask the other trades on the job if they know what insurance company is supposed to be paying maybe one of them will know

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I've got some of those stair rods from tradertiler. I stick a couple in each doorway if i don't want people to go in.

I assume you've told her your views on it. That people have been on it and you said not to? If you have what did she say?
I'd explain what you've said here about the sofa, washing machine etc. Say you'll replace at her expence. 1 of 3 responses i'd anticipate:

She says no and refuses to pay, small claims.
She say yes, lets you do it and refuses to pay, small claims.
She says yes and squares all payment at the end, happy days!

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi there,call your customer and ask for full payment see what the response is if they decline advise them you will be taking them to court.

they cant simply not pay and sit and expect you to be paid nothing yet not ask for you to rectify the work,sound like dirty chancers to me by what youve described.

send a recorded delivery invoice giving 7 days for payment and if not met small claims will be next is my advice mate

Did a big teracotta floor once after sealing it came back next day someone had walked all over it footprints every wear Dr Martin in fact there was only one bloke on the job wearing them,the kitchen fitter he denied it until we proved him wrong his firm had to pay for us to strip the sealer and reseal it again took us nearly two days he was removed from the job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bad customers advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Hi - any advice would be gratefully received. The colour of the grout in my bathroom varies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.