Discuss Bad luck...skint....and thinking of quitting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
We have all had weeks/bad luck like this at sometime.

Its how you handle it that counts.............Me, after I have stopped crying I try and laugh it off. :lol:

Had similar a few weeks ago.

Sold a Pug scooter on ebay on the Tuesday for £600

Wednesday, the wife phoned me to say "her car had broken down" (Also a Pug)

Had to get dealer to come out and tow it back.............turned out, the clutch had gone. £681

Van got attacked by a large bush on the way home............scratches all down the side.

Boiler at home packed up on the Thursday as well.............luckily covered by Insurance.

So chin up..............it all comes out in the wash. Or at least after quite a few pints :8::8:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Bad times Chris. But things can only get better, as the song says.

Vehicles are a nightmare, I've never made money on one. Bought a scooby before christmas, so far spent 1,500 on it, got to spend another 2,000+ on it now (gearbox, clutch, flywheel), it gets to a point where I have to say, right sod it, it's a new car again so I'm not selling it.

I think if your van was okay, the other things are minor.

Get onto the shop you bought your Fien from and insist that they sort it out. Get on the phone to Fien while you're in the shop and let them argue it out between them in front of you. I bet you get it sorted out in minutes.

Then the Mrs car, sod it, it's the Mrs' car. haha (Joke!)

A

AMtek

I had a few weeks like this a while ago and a mate sent me this:

"the only place were 'success' comes before 'work' is in the dictionary"

"Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

"Be proud, but never satisfied."

"If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got."

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" - Magic Johnson

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever" - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

"Failure will not overcome me so long as my will to succeed is stronger" - Micheal S. Kirby

"Fall down seven times, get up eight" -Chinese proverb

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body" - Unknown

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you" - Ovid

"It's about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter" -Unknown

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do." - Unknown

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne, Singer

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Gagehot

Its been the background on my laptop since and i find that a quick read gives me a bit of motivation

Reply to Bad luck...skint....and thinking of quitting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bad luck...skint....and thinking of quitting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.