Discuss Badly stained limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

remember the floor hadn't been commissioned before sealing any moisture in the slab would of been forced to the surface on commisoning. it doesn't take much moisture to do it
i could be wrong
so who's at fault? Is there a solution? Who pays? Glad its not me. Just priced up a new orangery floor and have added a paragraph about commissioning the UFH (now to be standard in my UFH stone floor quotes). It'll upset the kitchen people cos it will add time to the job but hey I dont want to have 55m of stained limestone on my plate.

J

jay

as for whose at fault,,, because the area affected by being covered in plastic is damaged .might be the first port of call who decided to use plastic (as plastic laid on bare concrete will make it sweat or attract moisture) the reason i think it has effected the sealer is because the moisture has no were to go . the other area could breath and allow moisture to escape, but not were the plastic was used,

J

jonnyc

thanks for trying to get that tel no.

i treied calling the states contact tel no but all they have is some ridiculous system asking for your pin no ,whatever that is and tel no. so cannot get through to them.
have emailed but no reply.

regarding floor have now had a marble company do test where they use diamond pads and repolished.
the stain did go so it must only be the fraction of mm of stone.
just worried about matching the newly polished floor up to rest of area and stairs.
was hoping to find a miracle cleaner without taking polish off.

Reply to Badly stained limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Going through a major refurb on the house and recently had a 13mm limestone floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all I laid a full patio with black limestone last October on a full layer of concrete. I...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have an issue with 12 cracked large format thin porcelain tiles (1500x1500x6mm). They...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Badly stained limestone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.