Discuss BAL Greenscreed - Bag vs internet discrepency in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Before mixing the Greenscreed I looked on the back of the bag to find some indication of how long I had to work with the product.

The back of the bag claimed a pot life of 5 hours IIRC, whereas BALs website claimed 45 mins. Work that one out if you can!

Also, the online instructions say that a skin may form at 20°C after 20 mins. If that should happen then it should be removed and reapplied - makes sense.

Now I was working in about 10°c today (inside). No skin had formed and the former went down onto the floor without any problems. In fact I don't think the skin had formed up to an hour later.

The consistency I mixed it to was as the bag instructed.

I don't think it should give me a problem, just a little confused over BALs wonderful consistancy with specifications.

C

cornish_crofter

Well today I phone BAL Technical.

They confirmed tha the info on the bag is right. It has a 5 hour pot life, but may skin in 20 mins. I can understand your thinking on this Dan.

Well, when I was using it, admittedly at around 10°C it never showed any signs of skinning before I got the former down.

The link that Scotty put up has the 5 hour pot life on it.

Anyway the guy at BAL thanked me for pointing out this discrepancy and undertook to get it corrected.

I suspect the 20 min skinning is wrong as well.

I went back to it this morning and the adhesive was still not hard. However it was well skinned. BAL have confirmed that this is to be expected in the cold weather.

So I went home and got 2 1KW oil filled rads on the job. Hopefully it will all be done by tomorrow.

Couldn't do anything at all on the job today so I had a major tidy up there then went and did a couple of other jobs that have come in over the last few days.

Reply to BAL Greenscreed - Bag vs internet discrepency in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
BAL Greenscreed - Bag vs internet discrepency
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.