• Thread starter Alberta Stone
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 707
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Ban of essential herbs imminent in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alberta Stone

Forget about the smoking ban, those are just kited so as to see what kinds of legal challenges pop up before they drop the other shoe.
Here is the other shoe:

EU to Release Proposed List of Banned Herbs Imminently!
EU to Release Proposed List of Banned Herbs Imminently!

EU Declares Peppermint a Controllable Herb
EU Declares Peppermint a Controllable Herb

After 30 April 2011*, if you grow herbs in the garden, then process them into oils or teas or simply sell the dried leaves, you will be breaking the law...unless you have the finances and will to submit to the MHRA rules.

A

Alberta Stone

While they say they won't ....*ahem*...."enforce" the ban for a couple of years, they intend to go ahead anyways.
It seems an obvious money grab by the big-pharma cartel who have garnered a fair bit of influence in the parliament as they have always been behind legislation such as this as alternative/preventative medicine cuts their profits.
So if you rely on any supplements or vitamins that would be banned then the only recourse would be a physicians prescription and then having to buy them from the pharmacy for a vastly inflated price.
Which is completely stupid.

M

mikethetile

dont make the mistake of asssuming that somethiing grown organicaly is automaticly safe for use, you need to understand what you are taking , what the safe quantities are and the possible side effects

theres no legislation yet about self prescribing but rightly so they are cracking down on home made medicines being sold to others, I see them at car boot sales with their homemade potions, this legislation doesnt stop you sticking a few garlic cloves or some thyme or rosemary etc into olive oil as a salad dressing it stops you selling unregulated medicines

G was right to get qualified before advising herbs as a treatment

A

Alberta Stone

Of course Mike, it is always sensible to know what you are doing before you dive in.
I was studying at one time to be a herbalist and there is more to it than most people think.

I have seen however, that all these attempts at legislation have the full support of the big pharma interests who have been strictly hostile towards anything natural, or easy and cheap to get.
I thought it would be good to let people know as it is not merely aimed at producers in a commercial sense, but has caveats included which would prohibit people from growing simple herbs even for personal use.
The one they are pushing in Canada right now would give health officials more powers than police as they could enter homes without warrants and seize your "illegal" supplements, fine you for having them and bill you for their destruction.
That they are even putting such insane notions on the table is too much.
It is obviously a money and power grab by the big pharma cartel.

U

user123

I dont know what happens in canada but I hope the uk police have more important things to do than seize the contents of my herb garden LoL mind you it would be like the plod to prosecute somene for growing basil and miss the cannabis factory next door

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm in handcuffs already.... all that thyme, rosemary and fennel!!! Shock horror!!! :lol:

Reply to Ban of essential herbs imminent in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Ban of essential herbs imminent
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.