Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

A few weeks ago i had a phone call from my dad (un usual as there is a long seaded hate between us) Asking if i had recieved a check yet. I laughed and said no thinking he was winding me up. Turns out my grandad died (who didnt like me) BUT before that my nan had died (who loved me) and had left me £4500.

My dad had forwarded the check on too my mum (again i dont get on with she had the choice between a rich fella or me when i was a kid and she chose him) So we went down the route off chasing this check. So we contacted my grandads bank too get a re issue too which they replied it had been cashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i rang the bank that had cashed it and they have denied it thouroughly sying that its impossible and its not there problem. So The copy arrived today With the banks name on etc etc. It has numbers etc on it.

So i rung them back today and explained i had the copy off the check in front off me they asked for these numbers and i heard him mutter my mothers name whilst he was reading it. Then he said there was No record off the cash gong into her account....

Then he said the only way the check could have been cashed is if the mae had been altered Which is impossible my name is 11 letters long my mums is 4 and the check clearly states pay me.

If theres no record off the money going into my mums account then why does this copy off a reciept say "nationwide" on it???

And why are these numbers that refer too my mum on it???

And how is any off this possible??

Im really frustrated as iv asked them these questions and they have said they cant answer due too disclosure act or something like that,

Im pretty hard up at moment so this would realy help.

D

Deleted member 9966

If you've got no qualms about upsetting family Mike, then I'd report it to the police. Cashing a cheque that isn't yours is Fraud and if the bank has let someone get away with this, then they will end up in very hot water over it.

Try and get hold of a copy of your Grandmother's will. if it clearly states in there that she intended £4500 be left to you, then you are entitled to the money and the probate solicitors should have ensured that the money reaches you.

Find out which solicitors acted on behalf of your Gran and her will and take it from there. Do you have a passport? Driving licence? Birth certificate? I think you might need to get as much Identification together as you can to prove you are who you say you are, as getting the money now will be a lengthy process.

Very unfair if family have done that to you. If anybody in my family did that to me, I'd have no problems going through the correct channels (reporting a crime) to get what is rightfully mine.

Best of luck matey :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

The bloke on phone said it was fraud if The cheque had been altered, which it hasnt?

I think she thought that id never find out, I dont understand as they are minted so y do that too me.

Is there ant way that any one can think off that you could cash some one else cheque in your account?

it's fraud because the monies haven't reached the intended recipient. if the cheque hasn't been cashed, then where is the money?

start with your Grandmother's solicitors Mike, see what they have to say for themselves.

M

mikebidd

This gets better, iv taken your advice and rung my father as he knows more about the will.

This is the score. after my nan died the will stated that the estate etc was too e divided and split up between us. My dad wasnt in will. Then a few years after she died my grandad got poorly and the will changed so we got 4500 each with my dad ending up with house cash bonds etc etc. He gave my mum the £4500 cheque before my grandad had even died.

D

Deleted member 9966

This gets better, iv taken your advice and rung my father as he knows more about the will.

This is the score. after my nan died the will stated that the estate etc was too e divided and split up between us. My dad wasnt in will. Then a few years after she died my grandad got poorly and the will changed so we got 4500 each with my dad ending up with house cash bonds etc etc. He gave my mum the £4500 cheque before my grandad had even died.

what's he doing giving it to your Mum? The cheque has got your name on it! Even if he hadn't wanted to contact you himself, the solicitors would have been able to do this for him. Ring the police Mike.

Reply to Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks