Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah, I think I'd just give the police at least a call and get an incident number (crime reference number or whatever it's called) and then keep updating them with what the bank says and then at some point if they do need to act they have a bit of history of the situation.

I'd also tell the bank you have a police crime reference number which may make them hurry up a bit because if they've cashed a cheque in your name in somebody else's account if it has been in a batch of 6 cheques say and the cashier just didn't check them all correctly then they could be at blame fully and they'll want to get the police of their case if that is the situation.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
good for you mike

about time you had a change of luck, the only way is up from here

remember lord sugar started out boiling beetroot for a local grocers
And Sir Richard Branson sold music from a wheel barrow. Now one of his many firms is the first to send passengers into space.... if you class just outside of the atmosphere as space. Still a world first though and we beat the US and Russia to it. (I think?)

I wouldn't worry too much about whatever you're doing as long as you're earning your cash to pay the bills mate.

U

user123

Guess what Mike... when I first arrived in London, with loads of qualifications etc, I still didn't get a job for ages, so I decided that I would clean shoes, on the street, and one day when I was rich I could say I started cleaning shoes. :hurray: Had no money, really, and didn't want to ask my parents, so I unscrewed a fuse cupboard from the bedsit flat I was in, got two brushes and brown, black and clear shoepolish from the Pakistani corner shop, and sat on the steps outside a London tube station with a sign "Shoes polished for £1.00". I did really well on day one, got loads of tips, even a ten pound note in there! and some weirdo men, (imagine a 19 year old German girl polishing their shoes, I was SO naive...:oops:) but was so chuffed with my hat filling up with £1 coins! Anyhow, I got told by the police that I'd need a license to clean shoes, and I had NO idea where to get one, so stopped that and went busking instead, with my guitar and my flute in the tube stations for a while...:lol: God, those were the days, but you know, different jobs are taken by different people from all walks of life all the time, who cares? Real friends will support you when you take the initiative to improve your lot in an honest way, those who don't aren't friends and not worth having around you or listening to anyhow.

And, a woman friend of mine who is now a judge, aged 50, does a paper round because she likes the exercise... and good on her, too.

Keep on trucking Mike, you will get there. :thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Well a spot off good news, I have just got a job in advertisement for a local shop......... In short delivering leaflets :lol::lol:

Im not that bothered as i intend too start at about 6 am so know one sees me. Not best job in world but itll pay some off the bills.
Oldest paper boy in west yorkshire (27) lol

Do you know Mike - this is the most positive thing you've typed on here for months.
It's fun and shows you've still got that get up and go to move forward with your life.
A job is what YOU make of it and not what other people may think of it!
If you start early enough you'll still have time to do some tiling.
Well Done Son.:thumbsup:

S

Scott

And Sir Richard Branson sold music from a wheel barrow. Now one of his many firms is the first to send passengers into space.... if you class just outside of the atmosphere as space. Still a world first though and we beat the US and Russia to it. (I think?)

I wouldn't worry too much about whatever you're doing as long as you're earning your cash to pay the bills mate.

Sorry Dan but Branson had massively rich parents behind hm to throw moeny at his business ideas. Throw enoughmoney at a business and eventually it will become successful! I get the gist of what you meant though :thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Sorry Dan but Branson had massively rich parents behind hm to throw moeny at his business ideas. Throw enoughmoney at a business and eventually it will become successful! I get the gist of what you meant though :thumbsup:

Not true, he sold advertising to loads of different business's and then when he had enough subscribers he launched his magazine. The thing was he never had a magazine to launch so he 'borrowed' a rival one and changed the cover showing all interested parties just who had apparently signed up. It was a gamble and a blag but it worked.
Cue virgin media.

He then launched his record label and managed to sign Mike Oldfield, his only real artist.

Cue Tubular bells.

He is an entrepreneur through and through and caused his parents sleepless nights of worry, they did not back him financially.

And he happens to be a mate of mine.............:smilewinkgrin:

actually I just caught a glimpse of him at Heathrow about 15 years ago and called out "Ay up Rich" but he must not have heard me.

D

diamondtiling

They bailed him out after he was arrested for avoiding excise duty on export records. He already had the record shop on Oxford street in London and had bought a country estate where virgin records was set up, all this came from the magazine and selling records out of the boot of his car so he did do it on his own but I agree his parents re mortgaged their house but only to pay the fine off in full, he had already made a deal to pay it off in installments but his Mother insisted it was paid in one lump sum.

Still, I wouldn't mind being a few billion behind him.

:thumbsup:

Reply to Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.