Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

Right since my last update iv been on too te bank who have been saying its going to an advisor will take 5 days all the time, EVEN though it hasnt. And then they cant talk too me about it due to confidentionality.

So today after a particuly heated arguement with the misses about being skint i rang them and told them they have till the end off the day too get things rolling else i will contact the police. I will also print a 1000 leaflets with exactly what nationwide have done and hand them out at a local branch.

So thats what ill be doing.

Quick question will i be breaking any laws handing out leaflets outside a branch?

U

user123

Right since my last update iv been on too te bank who have been saying its going to an advisor will take 5 days all the time, EVEN though it hasnt. And then they cant talk too me about it due to confidentionality.

So today after a particuly heated arguement with the misses about being skint i rang them and told them they have till the end off the day too get things rolling else i will contact the police. I will also print a 1000 leaflets with exactly what nationwide have done and hand them out at a local branch.

Quick question will i be breaking any laws handing out leaflets outside a branch?

Oh, Mike,

I don't know about your legal position with that, but I do know that losing your cool is not the way to go and will not help your case. Anyhow, prinint leaflets costs money, and will only backfire.
So.... softly softly catchy monkey.... go in and apologize and make yourself likeable, you need people liking you to be on your side, not be a thread and a nuisance in their working day, wether you are right or not is not the issue, but to get things done is your favour is.

Go in and explain that you have been under severe stress, tell that staff member you realize it is not their personal fault but it needs to be sorted for everyone's peace of mind, but that you WILL go to the police if things are not moving as they should. Then say something nice again, to finish off on a strong but friendly note. And then leave, calmly, no weird swaggering body language. Really. Use your head, not your temper. You want the person you talked to be able to say to her boss, "You know that nutter who came in before all threatening and all? Well, he came back, you know he's alright, he explained he's under pressure and apologized to me, was really nice about it, that must have taken some guts, let's sort this out for the guy, eh?"

Again, good luck! :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

DO ring the police and get a crime reference number and ask if somebody can come out to take notes about what's happened so far.

DON'T try to annoy banks, they're just too big for average Joe. I'd simply call the police now and get the ball rolling. It doesn't matter who's to blame really, but it does matter how you get your money back, and I can only see going down the police route working if the banks aren't being helpful.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You could also call a couple of local solicitors about this. They give you an hours free consultation most of the time. So you'd explain to them everything you know, and they'd advise you about the best legal route to take to get this money back. What you have on your side is the copy of the cheque in your name (if I remember rightly?). I'm sure with that they can contact the bank who will get the money back. Only take action via solicitors if it's no-win no-fee as they get their solicitor fee's back off the other side. Who will loose the case.

M

mikebidd

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Job done. I spoke to the same lass who was lovely and even agreed it was stipid that she couldnt tell me much but she would try her hardest too sort it.

She rang my mother same day and then rung me back apparently she had "accidently" put it in with her own checks and it had been cashed.

The advisor o the phone said that because off this it wasnt classed as fraud and the local branches Error instead.
She said in a hushed voice that she would be ringing the bank and i should ring in 10 mins or so, She also told me some things to write down like the chief executives postal address and that told me if they gave me any excuses to tell the i would be contacting him.

So i rang today and in short will be getting my Money by wednesday So job done and a good result thank you for all your advice

Reply to Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Banking advice. I thought this was a wind up.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.