Discuss Bardon High Flow Screed - help needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

chrissie275

I need some help!

Read lots of scary screed stories on this forum, and still a bit confused . . . .

Had a Bardon High Flow Screed pumped into a new kitchen / utility / study extension on the 18th November 2013 and had a dehumidifier working for the past 6 weeks to help dry it out.

I'm hoping to have it tiled soon with Polyflor Vinyl Tiles (LVT) and so . . . . .

1. Just what primer and adhesive should the tiler be using? and
Have brushed off the surface crust, but do I need to do more preparation?

Not had much assistance from Bardon's just been passed around a bit and the flooring people haven't tiled on this type of screed before. Apparently they would normally use 'P131" primer - can anyone tell me whether this is the right thing to be using or if not, why not?

I'd be grateful for any advice - although in simple terms please, as I'm easily confused!!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi guys, thanks for your help on this one. Ajax, we were assuming that all we would need was a primer/sealer (P131) - after sanding and hoovering, then the tiles would go down over that (with appropriate adhesive) as the flow screed is level? Am I still missing something?

No that's fine. It's just that most commercial layers of these types of tiles insist on a levelling compound regardless of it being needed or not. If you are putting them down and are happy the screed is flat go for it.

S

Stef

No that's fine. It's just that most commercial layers of these types of tiles insist on a levelling compound regardless of it being needed or not. If you are putting them down and are happy the screed is flat go for it.

Alan sorry to go off thread, I had your number in my Phone & don't have it now,
Looked at a pool surround today, 55m2 it's a calcium screed, I know it shouldn't be near a wet environment but the guys been told a couple of coats of water based epoxy primer will suffice.
I advised it should be tanked but they are running out of money.
Its been tiled already & they lifted through ettringnite crystals forming & never been sanded.
It was a cement based adhesive that was used.
The screed was laid 3 years ago, what do you think?
I'm a bit dubious but he's been recommended me..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Alan sorry to go off thread, I had your number in my Phone & don't have it now,
Looked at a pool surround today, 55m2 it's a calcium screed, I know it shouldn't be near a wet environment but the guys been told a couple of coats of water based epoxy primer will suffice.
I advised it should be tanked but they are running out of money. 
Its been tiled already & they lifted through ettringnite crystals forming & never been sanded.
It was a cement based adhesive that was used.
The screed was laid 3 years ago, what do you think?
I'm a bit dubious but he's been recommended me..

oh holy crap.... Do you know who screeded it?? Where in the country is it?

btw my number is below... :)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Alan not sure who the contractor was. Got told by the guy that it was laid 3 years ago, he lives in Craigie, a small place in east Ayrshire.
I can't see your number as I use Tapatalk on my Phone..

my number is 07966651006 give me a call on Monday if you like and I'll go through options with you... It's not a great situation though...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bardon High Flow Screed - help needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
We've had a disaster (and I cried a lot) and now need help please. We laid porcelain tiles with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am after some advice from the pros, so figured id ask here. in my new extension...
Replies
Views
I've been asked to fix large format porcelain tiles to a Keracem Eco screed which will be pumped...
Replies
Views
M
Hi All I have a couple of questions regarding tiling prep for Anhydrite screeds and was hoping...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, I have been asked to lay a downstairs floor seamlessly (no breaks, threshold trims...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB