Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom floor and wall advice in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all, currently have a Self build in progress and require some advice, after reading a few posts and doing a little research I have come to the conclusion that my two upstairs bathrooms set on 600 centres posi joist and 22mm caberdek should have been 400 centres and a totally different floor finish. Like WPB

Am I correct in thinking this?

1, I’m hoping to lay two large linear formers 1500x900 was looking at the tough x Maybe someone could recommend a better one, do they all perform as good as each other and ease of tiling?

2, Our posi joist top chords are 47mm deep, should I fully fill that with ply to support the former?

3, What’s the Best material to lay over caberdek and what’s the best way to reduce any floor deflection and best materials for tiling on?

4, Our plasterer has said to plasterboard and skim both bathrooms and tile onto that, as that’s what he does on every job. Would we be better off using a backer board and tanking kits where needed? What would a tiler prefer to work on to give the best results?

Thanks Scezy

Reply to Bathroom floor and wall advice in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement