Discuss bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jollyroger

Re: bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceili

Ok then just refer to previous comments. Time consuming but worth it. You need to measure each individual tile and cut to fit. I prefer silicone myself but only if ceiling has been painted first. Have used both grout and decorators caulk in the past but as this is an expansion joint, it will always result in a hairline crack. Paint ceiling with a good quality bathroom paint and finish with silicone for best results.

S

Stef

Re: bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceili

Ok then just refer to previous comments. Time consuming but worth it. You need to measure each individual tile and cut to fit. I prefer silicone myself but only if ceiling has been painted first. Have used both grout and decorators caulk in the past but as this is an expansion joint, it will always result in a hairline crack. Paint ceiling with a good quality bathroom paint and finish with silicone for best results.

Exactly!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Might be an easy question for the pros! I have a 12x14 tile that I am going to...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB