Discuss bathroom job advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A while back I asked a question about the weight issue. Now I told the customer to change their tiles as they were sold porcelain 25kg/m2 tiles which were to be fixed onto a skim over blocks.

It has come back to haunt me with the cusomter now saying they want to keep the tiles...

So where do I go from here, Yorkshire tiles have recommended fixing hardi backer boards.
How would I fix these to the walls ? Would I have to remove the skim?
Any other issues ?

I have advised to reboard the whole room as the tiles are only going one metre.
Should the hardi boards be fitted over the skim and the tiles are then fixed there will be a sizable ledge and imo leaving the finish crap.

Could I tile straight onto what is presumably breeze blocks after priming ?

grrrr what a life

thanks people.

ah yes, i know the stuff now I assume its gonna be a good many hours. Ive got an sds with a 2.5" chisel end so this may be a picture project to show u all lol.

There was something else I was going to ask but I can remember. Just thought there Im going to have to join the boards, last time i used a skim of addy, will that be ok or shall I do it the right way with joining tape etc?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom job advice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB