Discuss Bathroom nearly finished in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
After splitting up with my missus my heart hasn't been on working that much but this bathroom was pre-booked and it has helped me take my mind off things.

Never really took any before photos but it was a maroon suite with a block wall separating the toilet and bathroom. We removed airing cupboard/hot water tank and while my Corgi mate installed a combi boiler in the loft I knocked down the wall.
I then ripped the old suite out and drylined the walls to be tiled. Builders came in to put new stud wall and door in then a spreader did a couple of walls which aren't to be tiled.
I came back to overlay with 18mm ply and do 1st fix for bath, toilet, towel rad and shower.

DSCF0741.jpg

DSCF0742.jpg

DSCF0739.jpg

DSCF0743.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
After I'd done the walls the customers decided they want the hall and kitchen floor doing in the same smaller floor tile. Had to set out bathroom to work with hall and kitchen. Will be overlaying these 2 rooms with NMP but am still going to have a hell of a step.
Where's the best place to get a ramped wooden threshold?
DSCF0768.jpg

DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0766.jpg

DSCF0765.jpg

DSCF0764.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
great looking job again mac, why didn't they tile wall with radiator on, i feel this makes it look unfinished no reflection on your good self 10/10 :thumbsup:

Not sure, I never asked, but I have come across quite a few customers who hate the idea of floor and all walls tiled as they say it would feel claustrophobic and 'institutionalized'.
I'm not sure what I prefer myself - depends on the room and tile I guess.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom nearly finished in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
T
Heya Guys, Ages since my last post, and my bathroom hasn't really progressed any further. Tried...
Replies
Views
davemul
D
D
Hi all, its been a while. Started a bathroom last Sat morning, got there early with my plumber...
Replies
Views
faithhealer
F
L
Does anyone find that it can be hard to find another reliable, good tiler you can trust ? As I...
Replies
Views
tjsmiler
T

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB