Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hi martyn, yes absolutely. Has been in the 'design brief' from the start. Will break the wall up a treat. Only thing I'm not set on is whether to do the niche walls, floor and roof in mosaic aswell or tile it and just mosaic the back panel....

Q

Qwerty

I can vouch for mosaics in niches......i have them in the bottom of my ensuite niches with mirrors at the back. Niches have led lights at the top which light the room up alone at night especially with the mirrors helping reflect the light!! Just an example.....En-Suite - Plan Tec Tiling & Wet Room Solutions

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davemul

Not the most exciting update im afraid as ive been waiting for a poxy shower screen/channels.

anyway. Finished off floor tiles and also put down the mosaics.

PROBLEM.. the blimin gully sits proud of the mosaics. It cant be cut down either so im going to have to buy an impey one and see if its any lower.

Peed off.. time for a vodka

set out

b85306b7.jpg

laid

17b2bfa6.jpg

9eea4769.jpg

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Love the thread, great work !!
Did you eventually off set mosaics on tray ?
Also was there no room for a bigger wet floor ? Would have been far more functional and looked better if wet floor was maybe 1200 long or width of room instead of small square. Not criticism, the whole job looks great,

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good good, coming along I can see you're a perfectionist Dave, not bad for a city boy!

By the looks of it the tiles on the shower wall (and silicone) will more or less cover the cut mosaics.

D

davemul

great thread mate, keep the pic's coming , i think you are doing a sterling -job!!!!:thumbsup: what do you do for a living ?? what will you do with all the tool's you have bought to do this job!!lol:thumbsup:

Thank you mate. I work for a US Broker in London. Sales trading. Bit different from tiling! As for the tools, prob throw them in the shed! or sell if I can be bothered! Unless we move house and I have to do this all over again!

D

davemul

Bit done today... 4 hours just setting out!

These tiles found EVERY bit of wall that wasnt straight!

Vodka time!

f1695f09.jpg

b2688809.jpg

6b8004ec.jpg

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen