UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss BATON or not! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I tend to do a lot of large format tiles so batons are important for me. I don't think I would have the confidence to leave them out of the equation at this stage. To set out I use a self levelling laser to mark the whole room then baton all walls. Even doing this method I still find that the tiles can be ever so slightly out when meeting up in the opposite corner. I'm not sure if it's a case of the level or the odd baton not being 100% straight. Then next time I tile I will try the method of tiling one wall at a time and then offering up the baton to the bottom of the tile.

just thought i'd show you my method of the day 08032012873.jpg

C

charlie1

I use them! You have other issues going on with your 1st row to worry about tiles slipping half a mil. On my 1st row of tiles I like to concentrate on the tiles being plumb by using a 1800 level accross the face of the tile with the edge of the level projected as far out as possible so I can assess where the true plane of the tiles will project, then make subtle adjustments with my rubber mallet, now, stuff doing all that and worrying if one of my wedges has slipped on the floor and my tile has slightly dropped!... I love to know my 1st row of tiles is perfect as it makes the test of the job a pleasure to do!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to BATON or not! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.