Discuss battens with no surface to nail to in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

I'll be tiling onto dat/dab plasterboard next week and will have a border right around the room. If its a stud wall or masonry, I nail the batten where border sits then tile off it and fill border later. Now I won't have any thing to nail to apart from the plasterboard so does anyone have any tips on what I can do so battens stay in place.
run a datum line around the room 2 course high then tile the 2 course around the room, then go up from there

C

cone

Takes the glue about 10 seconds to go off.
Latte? I'm not much of a coffee drinker.
I have 5 beads in the pack, 1800 1200 1000 800 600.
Seen me glueing my stabilas to the wall when needed.
View attachment 60609
These are glued to the wall, 2 x 1800s & a 900.
There's a couple of screws in it but they were just into the plasterboard as I couldn't get a fixing.

What type of glue is that ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to battens with no surface to nail to in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
I need help on what prep I need to do. I have read on the forums here and I seem to be going...
Replies
Views
After removing my old bathroom tiles, the plasterboard behind was in a state. I have removed the...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB