Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Best tile background... in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deano41

Hi Guys, Newbie here so please forgive me if this is a lame question but...

I am refurbing a bathroom and want to get best surfaces for the tiler to tile onto, I have removed the flloor boards and laid 18mm wbp on joist at 400mm and the walls are all back to block and studs.

I have a 1200x1200 tray shower going in the corner where one wall is blockwork and the other is stud, should i use backer board (can this be dot and dabbed?) or PB (green) and tank?

On the floor i want to put UFH in (electric) again should i use backer board or is there something else that would take the tiles?

All tiles are travitine 12mm.

Cost is not the proirity here just getting it right is....

Thanks in advance for any help/advise..

A

Aston

if money isn't an issue then i would use marmox or wedi tile backer boards.
there are many thickness's starting from 3-4mm upto 50mm and over, so you'll be able to choose a depth for your floor and your walls.
you'll get all the benefits of being light, strong, water proof and thermally efficient and they can be fixed by screws or dot and dowelled so again, all your options covered regarding fixing to stud work and block wall's...

Reply to Best tile background... in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm having trouble finding any decent stockists locally. I've got a Topps very near, plus...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best tile background...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond