Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Best tiles to work with.. in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Most english are imported now and re-boxed and even printed with british names on the back. I.e. Johnsons etc.

The old english Minton Hollins were spot on although before my time. I've worked in the old minton hollins (speling?) factory as it's in stoke and is now part of vodafone and the loos still have the same perfect tiling done in them with their own tiles and very few damaged after what.... nearly a century?

I know marble available to buy in spain is **** hot (and I guess other countries it's sourced from) although i'm not too sure if it came from the ground there.

Ceramics can be so varied from every country though. It's usually the newest machine with the best mix in it will make the best base / backing but again the firing process can even screw up the best of tiles.
----
I had a good long think and just ended up picking English in a patriotic way but actually i'm totally out of the scene now and I don't really know where the best tiles come from lol.

Last edited:

Reply to Best tiles to work with.. in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I know it wasn't all of them but it must have been all the ones that were working well that got...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
This is the Number 1 Best Tile Adhesive from 2007 to 2021 recorded (almost) annually Discussion...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Which Tile Adhesive and grout brand did you use the most in the last 12 months? And also...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best tiles to work with..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond