Discuss Best Way To Lay Mosaics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Great machine. I just wish it was a bit more portable. I'm thinking of getting a Marcrist STC185 or something similar. You had the Rubi version from memory. Is that right?? I'm looking at the Marcrist because of the bevel capability. Any thoughts?
Yeah that's right Paul the Rubi TC 180
If I could justify it I'd prob go for the Flex version. Specifically designed for the stone industry. If their polished/grinders are anything to go by it'll be the best! Been using their gear for 10yrs now!
But yes the bevel facility is sadly lacking on the Rubi!! Shame great tool cos it runs on Festool guides, and they're cheaper! Haha
Have u seen my JOTM?
All done on your machine you know! Haha
Job Of The Month 8/2015

O

Old Mod

Nice work Marc. I'm glad the machine is doing well for you. I had a couple of months off the forum (not that it would have been noticed) I was one of the people that went to NY from the job that was advertised on here. That was an experience I can tell you!!!!
Oh wow! Good for u mate! Pleased for u! Truly!
Hope it worked out well for you!
Oh it was noticed, believe me!
I don't miss much! ;)

I

Ian

Why the dislike of splash backs? I seem to do loads.
I think it's the fact that I don't cover much metrrage so feel like I've not achieved much! Add to that all the sockets, bad walls, out of level work surfaces and you have the perfect recipe for a horrid day :) I just don't get any job satisfaction from them.

M

Millington Deco

:
I think it's the fact that I don't cover much metrrage so feel like I've not achieved much! Add to that all the sockets, bad walls, out of level work surfaces and you have the perfect recipe for a horrid day :) I just don't get any job satisfaction from them.
Put the whole kitchen in as well then, gives you a level work surface, better walls and more satisfaction :D
You do get a bit bored of the metro/brick style tiles when doing the splash backs, other than that I don't mind them, mind you I don't mind a bit of regrouting and most hate it.:tearsofjoy:

O

Old Mod

surprised-004.gif

Really! Wow!
Which one?
I've a first generation Air

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best Way To Lay Mosaics in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
So we had our bathroom replaced with a wetroom around 6 years ago and where the water hits the...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB