Discuss Bit of advice please guys! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob01

Hi all, yet another question from me :).

Got a bathroom floor to do, floor is floorboard i know your ment to use a 15mm ply over bored but the problem is the step? they have young children and dont want any accidents as you can imagen, i wasnt sure if screwing the floors boards into the joists then over boarding with a 9mm wbp ply be anygood? i know i could do a little ramp almost but im no joiner. wanted to ask first before doing anything. thanks alot. Rob.

R

Rich

No 9mm ply is not nearly thick enough, you will be asking for problems. You need to make the floor as solid as possible, if you cant do this by screwing the floor boards down then you will have to remove them and replace with ply. Ply really is a rubbish substrate to tile onto even at 18mm (IMO), you are much better off getting the floor solid and then over boarding with a cement board like no more ply or hardie.

Reply to Bit of advice please guys! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time I’m posting 👋🏽 I’m after some advice please. Is this area going to need...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Bit of advice please guys!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.