Discuss Black Quartz Tiles Lifting..Please help asap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bradburytiling

thanks for all the advice, the only problem is i cant lift the chip as the bath and the shower is ontop of it, do u think keraquik and latex adhesive (or simlar) and then a very flexible grout (any ideas on grout? in black?) is the answer to the affected tiles, or should i lift all the tiles and then lay over the chip with a floor tile backer, as the customer doesnt want it to happen again obviously (even if this it is more of my time)

J

jamie B

all joking aside, the problem stems from tiling onto the chipboard. please don't take it as a smug 'told you so' but I would never tile straight onto chipboard however stable. I have been told (whether right or wrong I may add!) that even the adhesive that bonds the plastic dust covers to green chipboard will react with tile adhesive when the covers are peeled off and tiles fixed.I also think you're doubly heading for trouble with ufh in the mix as well...but never mind all the 'if you're aunty had knackers' talk...the only solution for the situation you're in is to strip it all out ( I know the chip is 'blown') but if it's in least bit salvagable then overboard and fix at 300mm centres and re-tile..if the board is too far gone then I'm afraid it's time to get out the 'multimaster' and start cutting back and replacing appropriately (cut back with this awesome tool to the nearest joist/joint under bath /shower) go belt and braces on this one mate whilst you've got the floor up again and best of luck to you!:thumbsup

B

bradburytiling

SO!!!! ive got an update...it turns out that the toilet that the customer fitted himself was leaking for two years, one of those hidden systems.. hence the tiles lifting (big sigh of relif) he decided to start lift the tiles to find where the wet patch had come from and then he found the problem, he has now booked me to re install the tiles in september, i have suggested the different options discussed on here, so thanks all!!! i've ended up getting at least 3-4 days paid work out of it!

Reply to Black Quartz Tiles Lifting..Please help asap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Black Quartz Tiles Lifting..Please help asap
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.