Discuss Bodged Or Not? aqua-dec Shower Former Drain Issue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julia

The little row of tiles here looks quite cute and seemed to take forever, cutting the mosaic is not easy - other photo shows how they should be covered by the travertine for the other walls. Not all of them will though so I shall have to make sure he fills the holes and doesn't just grout it! There is an awful lot of cutting and faffing about still to do. I am sure the tiler just loves us - I will be watching him like a hawk tomorrow......
We may have a toilet back in the next few days - one can but dream. After that we have commissioned the plumber to make a custom exposed heat coloured copper curvey shower (in the shape of the river Thames) which if it works will be a total triumph. It's not strictly tiles of course but I might have to share the finished photo.
Thanks all for your help!
(Must also add my hand does not look that weird with strange white flappy bit in real life.. )

Attachments

• IMG_1120.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1122.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 85
Hi.

We've just picked this thread up. As ever if anyone requires help direct on issues like this we are more than happy to offer expert opinion. Tweet us @impeyshowers or call us direct via our published numbers online.

We're glad this sees to have been resolved. We plan to offer more in depth workshops alongside our regular monthly training programmes and the technical team will also be on hand at the PHEX shows at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Thanks

The Impey Showers team

J

Julia

Tile news
I don't think he's done a bad job at all round the window reveals considering none of it was square and there is not a piece of beading in sight! (or out of sight)
These mosaics are pretty time consuming to cut but the interlocked edging is really brilliant!
To the right hand side just under the window the tiles didn't exactly meet up (it really isn't square) but I am sure once grouted and the shelf is back in your will hardly notice it at all.
I think if I asked him to rip them out and start again he would never speak to me again!

Attachments

• DSC06422.JPG
    614.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC06423.JPG
    547.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC06424.JPG
    602.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC06426.JPG
    616 KB · Views: 85

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Tile news
I don't think he's done a bad job at all round the window reveals considering none of it was square and there is not a piece of beading in sight! (or out of sight)
These mosaics are pretty time consuming to cut but the interlocked edging is really brilliant!
To the right hand side just under the window the tiles didn't exactly meet up (it really isn't square) but I am sure once grouted and the shelf is back in your will hardly notice it at all.
I think if I asked him to rip them out and start again he would never speak to me again!
That's neat that is. I like it.

Q

Qwerty

Hi there,

Personally I have never seen cuts like that to the gully, it should be from all 4 corners of the outlet for it to look correct and of course for the water run the same from all 4 corners, doesn't look professional at all sorry, if I was paying that sort of money I would have it up.....

Have you read the whole thread? Tiler rectified his mistake on page 5

J

Julia

Sorry for the resurrection but I thought you might like to see the finished result after all the DRAMA!
I have had to go over all the mosaic tiles which have grey grout and re grout them and do all the edges myself since all the cream grout from the travertine washed into them and the edges were more of a blur than a line - but I think I can finally say - we love it! broom3.jpg

J

Julia

Toilet as requested! A restored wooden JakPak toilet- it makes a very satisfying flush noise! With copper flush pipe - heated so the to bring out some mottled colours. Actually we tried to do all the pipes like this and got some amazing results but can't get the colouring to stay. I've read a lot of advice on products that definitely work to achieve a long lasting result but none do! The red door is a old french louvre door and is a little cupboard. My other half must take the credit for the inspiration - he wanted an industrial / vintage / unique bathroom. Once he had had the idea though - I like to think I've helped bring it to life! One of our biggest challenges was - no chrome!

bromm7.jpg

O

Old Mod

People keep saying that but how does one put ones bathroom in a magazine?! :)

Approach them!
Send email with images, asking if they would like to feature it.

Just don't tell them too much initially, just an overview.
If you choose right magazine I'm sure your offer will be taken.

Another way to show your work is to join Houzz.co.uk

U can display it urself or there are competitions and the like u can enter, I'm positive u'll get a good response there!
They have an app and website obviously.
I'd think about watermarking your images first tho Julia, or they're likely to be stolen, figuratively speaking of course! :)

Do try tho!
It'd be great to see it published!
And of course keep us up to date and if u mentioned the forum by accident, well ya know! Haha

Good luck. :)

Reply to Bodged Or Not? aqua-dec Shower Former Drain Issue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Home owner here based in Surrey with a new Porcelain tiled patio. I need some advice about some...
Replies
Views
Alan johnson
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB