Discuss Booking months in advance? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

From reading another thread and seeing how people were booked 3-4 months away, I was wondering how this works as far as small domestic jobs go? Is your diary booked day to day in that if you're messed about on a job or run late that it throws your whole schedule off? What happens jobs that are needing to be done in a week or two? Do you leave 3-4 day pockets free or do you lose out?

Would be nice to have that security but when I price a job it's usually ready and waiting or about to be started, so if I told them I'd be able to tile it in October I wouldn't get the job. Have a two-three week turnaround myself but any longer than a month and surely you're losing business?

Can understand it if you're tied up with one main builder or tile shop but is it effective for privately sourced domestic?

T

tfs

I am normally booked up anything from 1 - 6 weeks at a time. When I am busy I give a rough idea of start date, clients are normally ok with this unless they have serious work commitments or deadlines in which case I will agree an exact date but this may be further down the line unless I can shuffle jobs around.

Had a great few months work wise and have a few wee jobs that I cant fit in just now, these are the jobs I will try and squeeze in between jobs.

This way works best for me as I tend to find that you come across issues that were not anticipated and customers frequantly add to there wish list which I may try to accomidate when possible.

today I just booked in my first job of the new year that takes me up to the 23rd of january.

all the jobs are full bathroom installations/wet rooms.

I offer a turn key service where everything is taken care of.

my clients want me to do the job and are willing to wait till I am free.

I always diary in more days than are allocated to the work to give me flexability if a job over runs or has extras.

if I gain time i start the next job early or fit in a small tiling job/have a day off.

thats how it works for me

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Booking months in advance? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
S
Reading a post just now it was stated that a good tiler could be fully booked up 6 months in...
Replies
Views
Spacey
S
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Booking months in advance?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.