Discuss builder has ruined travertine tiles installation & wants to tile over the ruined ones in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bubblebobble

Re: builder has ruined travertine tiles installation & wants to tile over the ruined

Hi,
I am a buiding contractor and I give you my two penny worth.

When you say unlevel, do you mean horizontal/vertically?
If so there is no excuse for that even in bad lighting conditions; a level is like an additional arm to any building contractor worth his salt.

If you mean flat, no excuse either because even if he didnt build the stud/block wall/dri-lined anyone with knowledge would know that you do not build on "rocky foundations".

I always if not competent in whatever it may be, will ALWAYS sub contract it out to the boys that do.

I have laid tiles of all kinds, but whenever I know Iam going to push my limits I sub it out to the blokes that know better,and I ask questions and learn from them.

I am not sure of how much building work they have done for you or to what extent but we have to remember everyone makes mistakes, the trick is putting it right.

To be honest it sounds like a big **** up on levels, no excuse really and they have carried on regardless.

I have come across many people who think they know how to do something, they have ago, and it fails.
The way to succeed in whatever the challenge is to read and practise before attempting something for monetary gain with the public.

In my opinion not the end of the world, get them to remove the PB and redo it then put it right.

I look forward to seeing how it goes.

rock on !

Reply to builder has ruined travertine tiles installation & wants to tile over the ruined ones in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
builder has ruined travertine tiles installation & wants to tile over the ruined ones
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.