UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Business Name Advice please!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julz77

Hi all

Just starting out and am trying to think of a good business name so i can get my advertising sorted.

Wondered if some of you would mind giving your opinions on if I should have a name which denotes that I am a female tradesperson? or Stick with something more generic..?? I want to be taken seriously and not a kind of 'novetly' tiler/plasterer, but being a female is one of my USP's...dilema!

The area which I plan to work in has a lot of stay at home mums and eldery people who will be my target client group.

Thanks guys !!

Julz

J

Julz77

i have met female plumbers and also there is a female painter n decorator in edinburgh with a nice pink van...bet they are busy

plenty women out there who dont like dealing with male trades i reckon

Hey Kilty,

Yeah reckon I will go for pink van too.. Did joke with my pals that's I'll have a hell of a job sourcing pink tile cutters and addy mixer... But might be a bit over-
kill!!

Cheers

J

Julz77

:welcome: to the forum young lady :thumbsup: IMO deffo go for a feminized name,as you are sort of targeting that market , and good luck to you in scotland :hurray:

Thank you! Hoping that playing on the female tradesperson thing will work in my favour! And a bonny pink van should help !

Cheers!

P.s cracking pools btw ! Once I've made my first million I'll get you to sort me out a wee plunge pool out the back!

A

Alan M

personnaly i would not go down the pink fluffy route. a name that shouts girly airy fairy stuf will work for the women but the male customers wont like it. and might not take you seriously
i would find a name that is a normal type company name but catchy. then i would put the female tiler part in the 1 line sentance about your business.
that way you can advertise normally and also in female specific areas.

good luck in your endevers

M

Muse2k8

female painter n decorator in edinburgh with a nice pink van...

Grrr don't get me started about her!!! Ran me off the road in her van by switching lanes with no indicators while I was alongside her in traffic. Then she slammed her breaks on in front of me and her break lights were out!!! I went insane!!! I know it's bad form to shout at a lady but if they nearly kill you twice within 5 minutes I'm sure it's allowed!!!

Rant over...

M

Muse2k8

You should do a van up like this :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336655165.762558.jpg

Reply to Business Name Advice please!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My project is to lay approx 6m2 of porcelain tiles in a dressing room & 4m2 in the wet...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
T
Hello all, I am a tradesperson but do not know a great deal about tanking for a wet room -I've...
Replies
Views
N
Hi there, I know, there are similar threads about business cards in the forum, but they all...
Replies
Views
nicols
N

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.