UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Business Name Advice please!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julz77

Pink van, pink tools, pink uniform. It falls inline with your target market, and it's all part of your personal branding.

Nipping about in a pink van, working in (dare i say) a male dominated industry i really think that you'll do well. You certainly won't be easy to forget about ;)

Good luck.

Your right tho it is very male dominated and definatley think sticking out like a sore thumb will be the best advertising I can get!

And if quality of my work shows hopefully I will be taken seriously!

Thanks!

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

J

Julz77

try and get it with age concern as a recommended trades person the elderly might feel more comfortable with a woman.

Funnily enough I currently work within the homeless scene, with vulnerable young women and have been asked by the charity to become the official 'handy type' person. Covering 2 hostels and some training flats.

Is there a specific way to become a recommended tradesperson? As was thinking of women's aid and other organisations like that ?

Thanks!!

J

Julz77

personnaly i would not go down the pink fluffy route. a name that shouts girly airy fairy stuf will work for the women but the male customers wont like it. and might not take you seriously
i would find a name that is a normal type company name but catchy. then i would put the female tiler part in the 1 line sentance about your business.
that way you can advertise normally and also in female specific areas.

good luck in your endevers

Yeah think it's a fine line, as want to be taken seriously but also want to be instantly recognisable.

May go black van and pink livery. Luckily trained as a sign writer few years ago so hoping for a cheapo deal from old contacts!

Thanks!

P

prceramics

Funnily enough I currently work within the homeless scene, with vulnerable young women and have been asked by the charity to become the official 'handy type' person. Covering 2 hostels and some training flats.

Is there a specific way to become a recommended tradesperson? As was thinking of women's aid and other organisations like that ?

Thanks!!

yeah its quite easy you just have to ring them and they will send you a form then supply some references :)

D

Deleted member 1779

I had the same dilema 6 years ago when starting 365Drills. Wanted something memorable but then after weeks of debating settled on something really simple.

There are names out there that have been totally made up like Rolex that have no real meaning. Or you can do what a lot of people do and go down the PUN route.

A lot of people like the play on words things. For my sector we dont use puns. More serious is better. if you look to the right at all the sponsors most of them have serious names but its 50/50 as to if its product related. Like Mapei means nothing unless you are in the industry.

I would go along the lines of:

Quality Tiling and Plastering Ltd (QTP Ltd)

Tile & Plaster Co

Plaster and Tile Group (PTG)

If you want puns then maybe

Tile-Her
and of course
Plast-Her
Or Plast and Tile Her

or Plast her and tiler Her (PHTH Ltd)

But do lot of research. I branded the name Porsadrill 5 years ago for our tile drill system but to begin with I split
the word Porcelain and Drillls to make _PORC-A-DRILL

But then people started to call it PORK a drill. Arggggghhhh.

Back to the drawing board and when the phonic route. PORSA

Good luck I know its hard so take your time !!

C

charlie1

Your right tho it is very male dominated and definatley think sticking out like a sore thumb will be the best advertising I can get!

And if quality of my work shows hopefully I will be taken seriously!

Thanks!

Good luck.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Julie, mark here!

Don't worry too much about the name, it won't make or break you in the tiling world. Just pick one that will say quality. What you need to focus on is the quality of your work, this will define you in the long run.

Good work + dodgy name equals more work
Good name + dodgy work equals no work

Good luck girl!

D

Deleted member 1779

561343_10150772628917014_617362013_9230822_944887571_n.jpg

Couldnt resist !

J

Julz77

Hi Julie, mark here!

Don't worry too much about the name, it won't make or break you in the tiling world. Just pick one that will say quality. What you need to focus on is the quality
of your work, this will define you in the long run.

Good work + dodgy name equals more work
Good name + dodgy work equals no work

Good luck girl![/QUOTE]

Hi Mark

Hope yer good! Sadly I have spent the past 3 days playing with my new tools... I fear I'm going to start losing pals !!

Yer right tho, I'm hoping that my reputation will speak for itself!

And, as long as yer sure it's cool, might have a few more questions for you!?? If it's grand I'll be in touch

Cheers

J

Julz77

I had the same dilema 6 years ago when starting 365Drills. Wanted something memorable but then after weeks of debating settled on something really simple.

There are names out there that have been totally made up like Rolex that have no real meaning. Or you can do what a lot of people do and go down the PUN route.

A lot of people like the play on words things. For my sector we dont use puns. More serious is better. if you look to the right at all the sponsors most of them have serious names but its 50/50 as to if its product related. Like Mapei means nothing unless you are in the industry.

I would go along the lines of:

Quality Tiling and Plastering Ltd (QTP Ltd)

Tile & Plaster Co

Plaster and Tile Group (PTG)

If you want puns then maybe

Tile-Her
and of course
Plast-Her
Or Plast and Tile Her

or Plast her and tiler Her (PHTH Ltd)

But do lot of research. I branded the name Porsadrill 5 years ago for our tile drill system but to begin with I split
the word Porcelain and Drillls to make _PORC-A-DRILL

But then people started to call it PORK a drill. Arggggghhhh.

Back to the drawing board and when the phonic route. PORSA

Good luck I know its hard so take your time !!

Thanks so much! They are all great too ! Just hard to decide, but your dead on, just need to take some time to decide.

Cheers!

Reply to Business Name Advice please!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My project is to lay approx 6m2 of porcelain tiles in a dressing room & 4m2 in the wet...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
T
Hello all, I am a tradesperson but do not know a great deal about tanking for a wet room -I've...
Replies
Views
N
Hi there, I know, there are similar threads about business cards in the forum, but they all...
Replies
Views
nicols
N

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.